Friday, April 5, 2013

Toneloop


The road swallowing sky
Your radio played the things we thought we loved
That familiar feeling tomorrow won't be okay
Settling in my stomach
Somewhere between the bourbon and the gas station burrito
It happens again, you forgot to add water
Overheated, both car and boy
Emergency, flashing in red
We walk for miles, tones of Poe imbued 
Our bodies twisted, overgrowth in the forests of adolescence
The black of night between our lips
Beguiled boy stiff in Sunday's best
The wolves releasing chambers of heavy air 
Echoing the soft intentional vowels inside your mouth
You cling to my skin
The hair tightly pulling away from my arm
It's okay, I understand
I grab your head and wince moonlight drunk
Suddenly, I forget the car broken down by highway marker nine
Then, you swallow

No comments:

Post a Comment